Saturday 17 September 2011

Lace and flower


A friend gave me this whole stack of lace. Which belonged to the shop inventory of her aunt long ago. It had been stored in a damp attic for years. So I will be washing, drying and ironing all this lovely lace for the next couple of weeks...




I never was really statisfied with the decoration on my Edwardian hat. Untill I found this lovely burgundy colored flower. Now it's finally completly finished.




Although I love doing event, I also love the quiet time of the year. Now I have time to do the other things I love so much as well. Writing short stories and poems, doing costume research and ofcourse sewing!

6 comments:

Cathy Raymond said...

I quite agree--that flower makes the hat!

Fanny said...

What a wonderful friend you have, I'd love to get such a stack of old lace! :D

Esther said...

@Cathy it does, doesn't it! I am so happy :-)

@Fanny She appreciates the fact that I will be able to use it. And the quality of the lace is so high...It is a real nice gift.

The Dreamstress said...

Oooh, what gorgeous, fun, envy-inspiring lace! Please post details as you finish it!

And your hat looks faaaaab-ulous!

Esther said...

@The Dreamstress I am being a bad girl at the moment.... I am dyeing some of the lace in colors that I didn't like black. So I will be able to use it for my next Edwardian project. Which can be worn with the hat as well.

And thank you for you compliment on my hat!

Gebreidesjaals: Knitted Scarfs or Scarves said...

what an interesting site ! nice to read!
mieke