Tuesday 13 April 2010

Buttons, buttons, buttons!

Last Saturday I went to the Verzamelaarsbeurs (a collectorsfair) in Utrecht. There where several really nice Victorian and Edwardian textiles for sale, sadly all out of my budget range. But the thing I like best is that you can see and touch period costumes. I enjoy seeing how they where made.

I did buy some period reproduction buttons, they are all brand new, but made with authentic molds and materials. And at prices I can't even buy modern buttons for!



The Edwardian walking skirt is nearly finished, is still needs to be hemmed and the hook and eye closure needs to be sewn in. As I, as always, have problems getting the skirt to close, neatly without a gap, with hooks and eyes. I have hung aside the skirt, for awhile, and started working on the mock-up for my Edwardian style blouse.

Here are the notions I intend to use for the final blouse. Creme colored batist cotton fabric, glass pearl buttons and antique lace.

No comments: