Tuesday 30 March 2010

Fabric for 1909 ladies coat costume

I have been searching all winter for fabric to make my ladies coat costume from. But everything here seems to be grey, black and dark blue. Which is not what I am looking for. While browsing Ebay, I found this lovely medium weight plum (dark purple) colored wool fabric.



Which I bought, eventhough I am broke at this moment, it was just too perfect! Ofcourse it will take a while before it's here, probably about 6-8 weeks, enough time to make a mock-up version of the skirt and maybe do some viking or medieval costuming. The 17th of april will be our first viking re-enactment day in the Archeon, we will be guests of the Girbeson family

2 comments:

Cathy Raymond said...

That is a beautiful color! Especially if you wear it with a matching hat, over a red dress.

Esther said...

Hi Cathy, so nice of you to react!

The idea at this moment, is purple coat, cream/ off-white blouse, purple skirt and matching purple hat. This suit is the ladies version of the male suit, which means, coat and skirt/trousers from the same fabric. I intend to use black details on the purple.

But you made me think about a red dress ;-)