At this moment we are very busy. Usually September is the time that things slow down. But this year we still have many events, mostly viking, to go, four to be precise. Our "normal" live is hectic as well, I am amongst other things in autumn cleaning mode, so there is little or no time left to spend on costumes.
At this moment I am working on a peplos (tube) style dress, based upon the Princess of Zweeloo dress. The fabric that I am using is grey broken diamond twill linen, her costume was made of white diamond twill linen. For the rest I intend to be as accurate as possible and I need to do more research before I proceed working on it.
The other thing that I, really should be, working on, is a victorian boys coat in grey wooll. It was almost finished when I discovered that the back of the coat looked really akward, and I haven't found time, energy or courage to try and find out what's wrong and how it can be corrected. "Sigh"
Here are some small things that I did finish and turned out nice.
This was a gift for a friend, who loves textile crafts. I used as many different colors and techniques as I could. The pouch was made with nalebinding, the cord through the pouch was made with fingerlooping. The wool and silk where all dyed with natural dyes.
Finally! I've got two pairs of socks. But I am not done nalebinding for a while as my son has outgrown his two pairs of socks... Well no rest for the wicked ;-)