Thursday 6 May 2010

Edwardian waistcoat

To spice up my Edwardian summer costume I decided to make a ladies waistcoat. With Folkwear pattern #222 Vintage Vests and some scraps of lovely fabric I still had.



The skirt I was working on is finally finished. The waistcoat still needs buttons and buttonsholes. The shirtwaist in the picture, I made some years ago, is a converted version of the Gibson girl blouse pattern (# 205) from Folkwear Patterns. The lower part of the sleeves comes from a Sense and Sensibility pattern and still needs buttons and buttonholes. The shirtwaist, from the Sense and Sensibilitly pattern, that I was working on, is also nearly finished it only needs buttons and buttonsholes. Guess what I dislike sewing...

2 comments:

Vashti said...

Absolutely charming!

Esther said...

Thank you!