Tuesday, 26 November 2013

1885's Blue Bustle Costume.

The blue bodice is finished! I made the base of the blue bodice and my friend finished it, by decorating it with blue velvet cuff and black brandenburgers, she also sewed in the hook and eye closure (50 of them!). The rest of the costume she made herself and I think it's wonderful and she looks absolutely breathtaking!

See for yourself...

Can you imagine that this is the first victorian costume she has made?! 

Friday, 1 November 2013

Pictorial overview of current projects.

 Just in case you are wondering what I am up to these days...

A blue velvet 1885's bodice & sleeves, for a friend.
current status: work in progress

1840's -1860's wrapper
current status: work in progress

1840's -1850's quilted petticoat
current status: work in progress

Red and green knitted christmas scarf
current status: 1.30m of the 2m done, work in progress

Current status: done! Finished it yesterday

Yesterday i want to the KreaDoe beurs in Utrecht,
 looking for some prjects I can do with the childeren at school.

I got inspired alright but those where no projects for kids:

I don't even think they are project for me,I just haven't got the patience.

Bought myself a book on broomstick lace and a magnifier lamp.
A magnifier lamp, that feels like admitting that I am getting old...

At this moment flat on my back, because my lower back and legs are killing me.
Sewing crinoline tape to the hem of my quilted petticoat, 
to create more volume. I don't have the time or ambition to
make more victorian petticoats before December. 
So I am cheating!

My current status, busy!