Wednesday, 25 August 2010


I have sewn in the sleeves yesterday and I am happy with the overall look of the coat, but the coat turned out to wide in the shoulders. The schoulders seams are at least an inch too low.

Ofcourse this can be fixed. Either by taking the coat, which might give problems at the hips, and would mean removing the collar. Or by altering the armscye. For best results a combination of both is probably the best solution. But at this moment I just don't have the time, I have to start packing for the vikingmarket this weekend at the Archeon. Or the energy, to think or do, something about it. My fibromyalgie is acting up, big time, which isn't surprising, as autumn deciced to come early in the Netherlands.

All in all I am getting quite frustrated but I always knew this costume would be a long-term project. My current mantra is: it's the end result that counts.

Monday, 9 August 2010

Demo Museum Dorestad, Wijk bij Duurstede

Yesterday Aud and I did a demo in Museum Dorestad in Wijk bij Duurstede. Aud was demonstrating tabletweaving and I was demonstrating nalebinding and telling about dyeing with natural dyes.

Sunday, 8 August 2010

1950's halter dress

It was grey and wet, yesterday when I wore my red version of Marilyn's, The Seven Years Itch, dress. So we didn't get much chance to make pictures and I am not looking to happy either, in the ones we did get to make. Not only because of the bad weather but also because the dress rapidly became to wide when I wore it. It made me look baggy and I felt horrible. Lucky enough, there are so many people in good and not so good costumes at Castlefest, that I don't think anyone really noticed, but me.

I will sew in a dart in the top of the dress to take it in slightly and reinforce the midriff section extra with interfusible lining.