Wednesday 25 August 2010

Grmbl



I have sewn in the sleeves yesterday and I am happy with the overall look of the coat, but the coat turned out to wide in the shoulders. The schoulders seams are at least an inch too low.



Ofcourse this can be fixed. Either by taking the coat, which might give problems at the hips, and would mean removing the collar. Or by altering the armscye. For best results a combination of both is probably the best solution. But at this moment I just don't have the time, I have to start packing for the vikingmarket this weekend at the Archeon. Or the energy, to think or do, something about it. My fibromyalgie is acting up, big time, which isn't surprising, as autumn deciced to come early in the Netherlands.

All in all I am getting quite frustrated but I always knew this costume would be a long-term project. My current mantra is: it's the end result that counts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your commment...You are an amazing seamstress

Cathy Raymond said...

What a shame! Otherwise, the coat looks so splendid. I hope the modifications fix the problem, and you can wear it soon.