The pattern I used was one of my favorites TV 261, 1885 Four gore underskirt. I have had it for several years so I have the old version of the pattern not the revised version.
I used four different types of fabric; velvet, wool, small pieces taffeta with velvet flock print same as my bodice and plain taffeta.
For a marriage of so many fabrics I am quite happy with the result. If I had had more fabric I would have made the knife pleats smaller and closer together.
And I would have added an extra row of decoration to the back. The fabric is easy to come by and it's cheap. So I might consider adding a row next year.
I am done working on Victorian costumes for the moment because I have to get started on St. Nicolas poems and surprises (funny way to pack presents). They have to be done for St.Nicholas evening on the 5th of December. Also there is my son his thirteenth birthday this sunday!
I am really looking forward to this years Anton Pieck Parade in Haarlem!