Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Edwardian costume mock-up

Yesterday I tried on, my mock-up version, for the 1909's Edwardian costume, for the very first time. The waistband on my skirt is to big, especially with my corset on, so it has to be taken in.
If I get these mock-up versions to fit neatly, they will probably end up as my Edwardian summer costume, as I hate to waste good fabric. But I must admit that I am not complety happy with how I look in this version of the costume. I feel like an Edwardian schoolmistress, instead of a lady. Hopefully I will feel better in the plum colored skirt and coat, and with the more elegant creme colored and decorated with lace blouse. But it is a bit of a gamble...

The pattern I used for the skirt is the 7-gore skirt with inverted pleat,from the 1909 Ladies Coat Suit Pattern. The blouse is made with 1909 “Beatrix” Shirtwaist Pattern from Sense and Sensibility patterns.After altering the waistband the skirt needs to be hemmed and than it will be finished. The shirtwaist still needs a lot of work.

1 comment:

FashionK said...

We are looking very similar in our our recent posts! Happy Edwardian costuming! :)