Sunday 1 January 2012

Happy New Year


Happy New Year Everyone!

I managed to finish this dress just in time for New Year's Eve. I started working on it in April 2011 but didn't have enough time to finish it for the 95th birthday of my husbands grandmother. The unfinished dress ended up on a shelf in my fabric closet.
I wanted to finish it before Christmas. But got the flu and bought a dress the day before Christmas instead. One of my friends dared me to finish it and demanded proof. So here it it!
The dress is an altered version of Simplicity pattern 3673.


I made a combination between version A and C and took out the darts. I tried sewing in the darts two times but both times the end result didn't please me. Running out of time I decided to take them out. If I would make this dress again, I would leave them in. Because it probably would be more flattering.
I keep falling in love with the 1950's style more and more. I have been saving money and ordered some What Katie Did Lingerie to go with my growing 1950's style wardrobe.

Up next will be the jacket of BUTTERICK #B5214 and the RETRO 1955 BUTTERICK #5556 dress.


But I also have to start working on next years re-enactment costumes and often they have more priority. My son has outgrown most of his costumes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy new year!

Love your outfit!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous dress!!