Monday, 30 January 2012

Current projects & Facebook Page

The 1950's disaster project, a pair of pink silk knickers, remained faithfull to it's name. When it was nearly finished I found out that it was just a little bit too small. I gained some weight during the holiday season and I haven't been able to lose it. The problem can be fixed by letting the knickers out. Which is a lot of work and I'd rather lose the weight.

To get over the frustration I started an other project. The fabric is a red taffeta with black velvet polkadot. The dress is already nicknamed by my loving husband and son to the Ladybug Dress. The pattern is B 5556 from the Butterick retro line. The original pattern is from 1955.

I think it will be a terrific party dress. All I need when it's finished, is a party to wear it to...

For those of you who'd like to follow me and my projects closer, please feel free to follow me on Facebook. The name of the page is the same as the name of my blog; Costume Diaries. I hope to see you there soon!


Stephanie Lynn said...

Hey! I'm making the same pattern right now! :) Mine is for Valentine's Day.

Esther said...

That's funny! Great minds ot only think alike they also sew alike
Can't wait to see how yours turns out!