Friday 16 January 2009

Weaving a shawl 2



The weft has been dyed, the bickred is dyed with madder and the brown with walnuthusks. It is a total of 1 kg of wool, I really have no clue whether or not that is enough, for what I want to make.


This is the loom I got from the elderly neighbour. It is really lovely, I especially love the wooden heddles.


This is the loom that I inherated from my grandmother. Aside from the sentimental value, it is slightly bigger than the other loom and a very big bonus it comes with a description (in old dutch!) how to set it up and warp it and with a description to weave shawl!

My husband made a remark that it would be nicer and easier if the scarf could made out of one woven panel instead of two sewn together. I know he has been looking for an excuse to make a warp weighted loom, but I don't know if I want to take the time to do the research and wait for him to make it...

To be continued!

No comments: