Thursday 26 May 2011

Edwardian Silver Marcasite Cameo Pendant / Brooch


I have been in love with Cameo brooches and pendants since I was little. But untill recently I could never find one that I liked and could afford. I purchased this one on Ebay a little while ago and it came in yesterday. It goes very well with silver edwardian (style?) and marcasite earrings, bracelet and ring that I have. I will wear it with my Purple Edwardian Costume later this year.

Currently I am working on a viking costume(undertunic, tunic, apron dress and shawl) for the daughter of a friend. I will post pictures of it after Whitsun. When this costume is finished I can resume working on a 50's style dress that I was working on. But what I really would like to do is start working on my Edwardian blouse.

Coming sunday we will have our only medieval event of the year. Although I love doing early medieval/viking re-enactment, I miss doing medieval events. And with that the "excuse" to make medieval costumes. It makes no sense making them, when you don't get a chance to wear it....

No comments: