Wednesday 4 May 2011

Adventures in hat making: part 11, Edwardian hat finished!

Black wool felt, large brimmed edwardian hat. Decoration: double bow and inside lining are made of bordeaux colored silk. Brim edging is a black satin ribbon. Black marabou feathers, one large black osterich feather and a black feather rose. The brim has a curve but that doesn't show when hat when the hat is lying down.

The pattern I used is the Universal Round brimmed, Straight Sided Crown Hat Pattern from Lynn McMasters


Hat front


Hat side


Hat back


Hat side


Hat top



Hat inside


My cat impersonating a hat. Or reminding me that she is much more beautiful and cuter than a hat.


You will have to wait at least until the weekend before I can post a picture of me wearing it with my costume. Sorry!

3 comments:

Fanny said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Reid said...

This hats are really very nice and good.......

Kura Carpenter said...

Love this, thanks for sharing
:)