Friday 30 July 2010

Purchased Patterns

Recently I purchased these two patterns on Ebay.



Vintage 1940s/1950s, FRENCH KNICKERS & SLIP LINGERIE Sewing Pattern,'Style' No. 4668.


If this pattern arrives on time, I will make silk french knickers. To wear under my 1950's halter summer dress. This pattern is even accompanied by the original receipt of purchase form 'Barkers' of Kensington. London. Purchase date was 1950.






This is a reproduction of a vintage sewing pattern for a 1920s deco style bra that was in the magazine "Mon Ouvrage" printed in October 1927.

I am thinking about making a 1920's/1930's somewhere in the future and this provides a little bit more bust support than the style of underwear usually worn. This top might also be usefull for wearing with the Edwardian underbust corset that I intend to make for the Edwardian Costume that I am working on.

A French ad from 1910.



detail image of bra:



A Dutch ad from 1909.

No comments: