Monday 14 June 2010

Something strange is happening here...

I don't like doing embriodery. I don't have the patience nor the fine motorskills necessary to make it look good. So my husband was really, really surpriced when he came home and found this....



The original corset waisted skirt has embriodery on the "corset" part and I really, really love the look. So when I found Edwardian embriodery patterns, dated to May 1908, on-line. I decided to have a go at it.



I have tried to keep the pattern and the color scheme in the same style/feel as the original. The whole pattern will be done in a simple chainstitch. And I must admit, that I am, literally, warming up to the idea of doing embroidery. As it is one of the things, I can do while sitting outside, soaking up the sun.

Alas, this does mean I can't work on the corselette until the embroidery is finished.

1 comment:

FashionK said...

I think many were in the Edwardian spirit the last few weeks. I am loving watching your progress! I also gave you the Versatile Blogger Award :)