Sunday 17 January 2010

Sherlock Holmes Movie








Without expecting much I went to see the new Sherlock Holmes movie, but when I came out of the theater I had to admit that I actually liked it.

No, the costumes are not perfectly authentic, but it doesn't pretend to be a "costume" movie and considering that it is a hollywood/guy ritchie movie, it's not that bad! Rachel Adams, who plays Irene Adler, wears a corset underneath her lovely bustle gown. It is a shame that they made her wear so much modern looking femme fatale make-up. Probably to hide the fact that she is too young, inexperienced and sweet looking to play the femme fatale Irene.
The storyline, although not based upon a actual book by Conan Doyle, is entertaining. But if you are a big fan of the original books and charactgers you might be better of not going. Personally I found the approacht to Sherlock Holmes and his companions refreshing.

No comments: