Wednesday 29 October 2008

I really need a coat!

Yesterday I got a call that the date of the Anton Pieck parade has changed from Saturday the sixth of December to Sunday the Seventh of December and that there is, alas, no place for Remko and me inside. Which means that we will be out and on our feet from eleven in the morning till six in the evening.
It's really a pity because we can't show off all those nice victorian accessoiries we collected through out the year (Remko is getting some really nice authentic and period looking things for Sinterklaas) and that my coat covers most of my costume. On the other side we both like the contact we have with the public when we are outside and I'll try to make the coat really nice.

But I am really happy that I had the foresight to start working on a coat. A lot still has to be done, but at least a start has been made.



I have been working two whole days on my coat, today it was time to clean my house, it looked like it had snowed black snow. That's what you get when you work with velvet :-( And time to start preparing and packing for this weekends medieval event.

No comments: