Wednesday 16 May 2018

Stuck somewhere between the 1890's, 1920's en 1018!

You probably all know this meme... (or a variation off it)


Being a self proclaimed costume addict this is true for most, if not all, of the time! Usually I don't mind but this time all three of the projects have deadlines around the same time and my every day life is kinda full, even without the costuming! 

Here is the overview:

I am still working on the Belle Epoque Evening dress, which is due in October this year. I already have given up the idea of making a day bodice to go with it , which would have been due December this year. The evening ensemble is almost finished, it just needs two hook and eyes and decoration.

I think I'm going with a version of the left version because frankly the lace option has been out voted by a good costuming friend, my husband and my son! And to be honest I wasn't too sure about it myself otherwise I wouldn't have asked them.

My husband and I will be attending a 1920's Downton Abbey garden party themed wedding. The bride and groom are both re-enactors so I don't think I will get away with converted thrift store finds or rental costumes. A dress and a suit for my husband, due this September.




Last but not least, we've have been wanting non-Scandinavian early medieval clothing for quite a while. This year we will be attending the Vlaardingen 1018 event, a commemoration of the battle at the dutch town of Vlaardingen in 1018, in June...



Commence costume stress! 






No comments: