Tuesday 6 September 2016

My Victorian Traveler Bag



My Traveler aka Carpet bag is finally finished! I am quite happy with how it turned out. Still want a bigger version though :)

When I made the bag I was looking at the measurements of originals, reproductions and ofcourse the original Mary Poppins bag movie prop and wrote down the measurements. So I could scale them down to fit my bag frame. Later on I wanted to check on how big, a bigger version would have to be. If I wanted it to be same size as the movie prop but couldn't find the measurements anywhere on-line anymore! I did find my own notes, but I wrote down the sizes of a lot of bags without naming them. I do remember the movie prop as being the largest one. So if  (big if people!) I remember correctly the measurents are: 21 inch wide, 17 inch tall and 7 inch depth.

Please correct me if I am wrong or tell if you know I'm right!

The original Mary Poppins bag

For more pictures of the Mary Poppins exhibit 
at the D23 Expo 2013




No comments: