But with three creative people creating things isn't just about having a hobby or collecting thing it is part of who we are and necessary for us not to become down or sink into a depression. Time to get creative about being creative:
- Use our stash! In the last 15 years we have gathered materials. Time to put them to use! If a costume/projects needs more than 1/3 of new supplies, this is not the time to work on it.
- Make alterations (if possible) to excisting costumes etc instead of making new things.
- Spend more time on a project, (researching, hand sewing, embellishing, tweeking etc) instead of rushing through it on my way to the next idea. Big bonus is a better quality of my work.
- Money earned with our hobby, may be spend on the hobby.
- Ask for money or supplies for my birthday, applies to Mother's day/Sinterklaas/Christmas as well. With Sint Nicolaas I asked for 4 skeins of black yarn and got them as a present. That made me very happy because now I am working on a crochet shawl.
Remember the Edwardian shawl I made several months ago? It is really lovely, but the colors, madder red and walnut husk brown, made it hard to find a costume to wear it with. So now I've decided to make a more neutral and practical black version.