Friday 18 October 2013

When the going gets tough, the tough get sewing

My family has been through a couple of major changes Both of them where for the best for all of us in the end but we had a lot of stress. (No, don't worry we didn't get divorced!) So a lot of my friends are asking me if I am okay and the answer is Yes! Now that things have settled down a little and my mind is clear enough again to get back to my projects I am actually quite happy! Keeping my hands and head occupied seems to be a very good therapy.

At this moment I am working on several projects:


  • A blue velvet 1880's cuirass bodice for a friend
  • a cotton 1840's work dress for myself
  • and a red and green striped knitted scarf special order by my husband as a colorful addition to his victorian/dickens costume.
So when the going gets tough, the tough get going...


1 comment:

Cathy Raymond said...

Wow, that scarf is really bright!

I'm glad that the stress is easing off and you're getting to work on fun projects again. I look forward to seeing photographs of the 1880s bodice.