Thursday 20 June 2013

On a Diet

To aid in the battle of my son his Lyme disease and my health issues, we are on a diet perscribed by a homeopathic doctor. We are not allowed to eat or drink anything with sugar, yeast, dairy produce with cow's milk or wheat. As a result I spend a lot of time in the kitchen and a lot less time behind the sewing machine. It makes me frustrated and sad, but our first priority is getting our son and me back to health.

Now I spend my days baking sourdough speltbread,

yeast free speltpizza

carrot apple juice

puff peastry apple pie

strawberry sorbet ice

summerfruit frozen yoghurt and

herbal ice tea

As my husband recently lost his job we are also on a budget which makes this diet even harder and more time consuming. But I must admit I also get a kick of feeding my family really healthy food so I hope I can keep it up as it is quite expensive....

No comments: